Friday, March 30, 2012

Final sleeve pattern for now

So i didnt use the previous sleeve pattern again because i realized  the cap height is too long. I drafted a new sleeve free hand, with no specific instructions, but i made the cap flatter.
I increased the armhole ease of the bodice, so i made two sleeves and of course two bodice. Here is the result in pictures.

these are the sleeve patterns i used

These are the two bodice one on top of the other, you can see how i increased the armhole ease to the pattern piece below, of course the one above is the one from the previous post

this is the one with increased armhole ease, as you can see it didn't workout at all

This is the bodice from previous post, armhole  not altered, of course in the previous post i made the armhole deeper than the original bodice. 
The above was the more successful one though not perfect yet because there is bunching of fabric below the armpit, am not eager to fix that though as i have already said am going to start dart manipulation and maybe come back to the sleeve in the future, or may be just do the sleeve in human size coz this very difficult. I think that i can fix this by slightly increasing cap height. I am going to use my original bodice, the one in this post to do the dart manipulation. Am excited to start different designs from the dart manipulation, am using patternmaking for fashion design 5th edition by helen joseph-armstrong. I will talk about  dart manipulation in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment